- Lisa (Westchase office) will schedule your surgery with the hospital or surgery center. Our office will contact your insurance company to obtain an authorization for the procedure.
- For all inpatient surgeries, a history and physical examination visit will be scheduled for you with Dr. Shim /Jason within 10 days prior to your procedure.
- Please bring a list of all of your medications (including dosage) to your history and physical visit. If you take any over the counter medications, vitamins or herbal medications, please include these on your list.
- If you have had any prior complications with anesthesia, previous infections, or have concerns about medications you may be given while treated, please advise Dr. Shim / Jason at the time of your visit.
- If you have a copy of your MRI, CT Scan, or X-RAYS, please bring them with you to your history and physical appointment prior to surgery.
- If you take any blood thinning medications (over the counter or prescription) you will be instructed to discontinue these at least 5 days prior. Medications including COUMADIN, PLAVIX and ASPIRIN will need to be stopped 1 week prior. You should discuss this with your family doctor prior to stopping take them.
- A medical evaluation by your medical doctor or cardiologist may be required prior to surgery. This is often based on your age, medical history, and by the procedure you are scheduled to undergo. A note from your family doctor or cardiologist will need to be forwarded to our office at least 24 hours prior to surgery stating that you are ok to undergo surgery and your risks are minimized. Our office will help you arrange for this, but it is your responsibility to have your work-up completed and have the information forwarded to our office.
- You will be notified by the hospital or surgery center what time you will need to be there for your procedure. You can expect to receive this call one to two days prior. Please note that sometimes you may be given a time initially and it may change a day or two prior to surgery based on our surgery schedule and special needs of other patients.
- If you have any special needs or concerns regarding your scheduled surgery, please feel free to contact our office to discuss.
Last modified: October 22, 2019